I am a dog lover and am planning to adopt a pup by next week, but am 5 months pregnant. Is it a good idea to have a puppy and a baby in the same house?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is never a bad idea to have a pup along with a baby, but only if you have a help as you will not be able to take care of the pup. Also after a few months you will have a baby at home, and since you are planning to adopt a pup, he too would yearn for your attention and love. I have 4-month-old puppy and I know how he longs for our personal attention and love. Whenever I cuddle my 5-year-old daughter, he comes running to be on my lap. They may be dogs, but their emotions are just like humans. I suggest, you give yourself little time and don't hurry into getting the little pup. If you have help and a supportive and animal loving husband then as they say, nothing is impossible. If you can manage, your baby and the puppy will grow up together forming a very strong bond.

Read more

I was going to do the same but decided to hold off and see how we go with the baby first. Glad we did because we probably would have found it challenging to juggle both at the same time because of the high demands of a newborn. We will get a dog when baby is little more settled.

VIP Member

I think should be ok? Just needs to make sure you train your puppy lol

Make sure u hv help. Puppy are very energetic