Family problem... My husband dislike how my mother involved herself in baby stuff. Like when to stop feeding, how to swaddle the baby and bathing the baby. She will like to use words like "No cannot. You should do this." Or "Why you did it this way. Baby cannot like this like that." My husband cannot stand the way she demand on things we doing. So he tolerate her and now we are staying at my mother's place. I know complications is coming and I am still doing my confinement. My husband already show sign of dislike and even reply back when my mother is being demanding. But I feel so uncomfortable seeing both of them talking like this. How do I even make the situation better? My mother is a stubborn and tough women. My husband is a firm and independent man.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

firstly, the baby is both u and your husband's so u both should have the final say. but for every situation as it happens, see who is right and who is wrong and then adjust to suit the correct way. soemtimes font need to say it the moment it happen, can say later after the incident. but it cannot be always 1 is right and the other is wrong. some give and take. if your mother is going to be the main caregiver next time that i think it is good to let her know ur preferences but don't need to be too forcefully. sometimes older generation don't understand the reasons behind new ways of handling baby so u have to educate them - maybe show a book or article - i am sure u have some of these material that u can take out and use to valid whoever's point of view

Read more