Pass motion

Hi everyone, im quite worried that my baby (1 month plus old) did not pass motion for 2 days. Isit normal or should i consult doc?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear don't worry. If your baby is breastfed, this is totally normal. I work with my pd and she said some breastfed babies don't poop after 5 days. The reason being is breastmilk has more nutrients and the baby is actually absorbing a lot of the nutrients before she poops. If it is after 5 days, and still no poop then bring to the Dr. Otherwise if she does poop before the day, see the consistency. If it is soft or watery then it is okay, just means this is a habit with your baby. If she poops hard pebble like poo then she is constipated. My darling is full breastfeed and she sometimes does not poop until after 4 days lol

Read more
VIP Member

2 days is ok but if it’s more than a week or almost a week, consult a doc. My daughter was like that too and was admitted at KKH... the doc almost want to do the cleaning kind of surgery because her stomach is full of stools. But luckily she pass motion before they decide the date... but there’s blood due to hard stools (because I waited for 2 weeks, my mistake)

Read more

Normal, consult GP only after one week. But GP also try not to give any medicine to aid as it might be too strong for their body as it is still developing. Increase the feedings of breastmilk if possible. If exclusively breastfeed then don't need to worry, it is just mean that your baby is absorbing all the nutrients.

Read more
VIP Member

Monitor a while more. Babies at this age may have irregular pooping schedules. Some breastfed babies may only poop 1x every few days.

VIP Member

Monitor till 3/4 days! 1 month old still pretty small

Super Mum

It's normal! Don't get too worried.

VIP Member

monitor till 4 days atleast

VIP Member

Normal. Wait a while more.