Can't take RICE

Ever since i am pregnant, i can't seem to eat rice at all. Just no appetite to eat rice. Any suggestion on substitute to rice?

38 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

OMG same!!! When I was 5 weeks onwards I can’t smell rice cooking, the thought of rice makes me nauseated let alone eating it. I’m about 8w 5d now and it still hasn’t gone away BUT! I realised I can take Nasi Goreng, Nasi Arab, in very small quantity now. I still can’t take plain rice. It’s okay if you can’t take rice now, just make sure you eat something else (that you can stomach) throughout the day ok! I think soup was the best for me. Mee soto soup, Sup Kambing soup, any light brothy soup was much more tolerant than rice. Maybe can have Stuff’d with couscous, beef, etc. Subway, roti prata, egg masala thosei ummm yumm..... 😋 Good luck!!

Read more

U can opt for complex carbs. My MIL steamed tapioca/potatoes/sweet potatoes once in a while for me as a sub for rice. U can opt for oats or whole wheat bread and you also try rice noodle/glass noodles. These are healthier options to consider. If u want some cheat days, pasta is another option, but not too much because its simple carb, like rice... The choices are actually aplenty but as asians , rice is a staple. 😅😅😅

Read more

Can substitute with brown rice or quinoa. For brown rice, can try Songhe brand with yellow packing. That’s quite nice and I’ve been eating with family for many years.

Super Mum

It's OK to not eat rice, there are many different carbs that can replace rice like noodle, pasta, bread, pizza etc whatever fits your craving more!

i ate noodles/pasta 90% during my pregnancy bc i also like you. sometimes no choice eat rice bc hubs cook alr hahah

VIP Member

same! rice, noodle even bread also cant seems to take, so i've been taking alot of meat, vege and fruits 😋😋

Tats good! I have gestational diabetes now and cnt eat rice even I want it so badly 😩

VIP Member

yea some people cannot eat rice. hahaha try eating noodles or bread any snacks

Happened to me as well. So i had bread, noodles, pasta instead. U can try.

Had the same problem. I ate bread & soup till my appetite got better.