Food to take note?

Can eat glutinous rice during pregnancy? Like ba zhang/glutinous rice dumpling??

Food to take note?
17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Women should not eat too much glutinous rice products (rice cakes, Tangyuan, brown seeds, etc.) during pregnancy. If they eat too much, they are prone to indigestion, causing abdominal distension, abdominal pain, and affecting the intake of other nutrients.

I would definitely recommend glutinous rice during pregnancy. It is rich in trace elements of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, which can promote the growth and development of fetus.

Glutinous rice food is safe to eat during pregnancy but it only should be eaten after heating. Cold glutinous rice food is not only hard, but also hard to digest.

VIP Member

Yes ofcourse. But don't take too much as its hard to digest. Morever it's also high in carbs, best to take note and limit intake to prevent GDM

I ate like 4 during the recent dumpling festive... eat with moderation should be fine... and yes, do heat it up before eating. enjoy!

Glutinous rice is safe to eat during pregnancy but one should not overdo it as it has high viscosity and is not easy to digest.

I had cravings during 1st trimester and ate 2. I think its fine. Don't eat too much should be OK

TapFluencer

sure why not. just don't eat too much because it's harder to digest so we may feel uncomfortable

Glutinous rice can be eaten during pregnancy but should be eaten in moderation.

I did, but I try to avoid as it worsen indigestion and constipation issue😣