First pregnancy, should I report it?

At the end of the day, we all want the safest and best for our little one. However I still cannot forget the horror experience I had with these Assistant OBs' in the labor room-- in this Hospital. I was on my 36th weeks when I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) but my husband and I suspected that we got a wrong diagnosis as i was on fasting for more than 10hrs which caused for your blood sugar to spike up. Hence, we were told that normal delivery might not be possible due to the finding and my little one was still on frank breech position. So I was advice to do some diet by my Endocrinologist as we cannot repeat my OGTT due to I was on my full term already. Come 38th weeks, I had my ultrasound and still my baby didnt move an inch ha!--- Still on frank breech position. And so that same day, we decided to have my delivery the following day. It was a very smooth sailing day for us. Already prepared our things, reserved our hospital room and even had a very hearty dinner as i was only given until 10pm to eat for a 6am procedure the following day. Not until i was already admitted and stayed in the labor room so they can monitor. One assistant OB asked to do an IE to check if there was a chance for a normal delivery(SOP)--that was around 8pm. There was a negative feeling but i trusted them enough and just let them do what they know. So this assist. confirmed that my cervix still did not open as it was on 1cm. Thought that its gonna end there until they did another IE and another and another where i got a total 4 IEs from these 3 assistant OBs. I was already bleeding on the second IE. (Ang sarap nilang murahin tatlo!) This brought me so much distress and my cervix to open to 4cm(but still did not feel any labor pain). Imagine the feeling of squeezing your abdomen down to prove that they were feeling something hard inside and assumed thay it might be the head! It still brings me in tears and trauma whenever i remember that night. I spoke to my husband and already teary-eyed but not trying to lose it as i dont want my baby to lose it too. My husband was furious and these assists decided to call a sonographer to do a final ultrasound. Like seriously? They did not bother to check my documents and performed medical procedure which i thought can be considered malpractice! The sonologist confirmed that the baby is frank breech and the hard part that they are feeling was the tailbone of my baby! I was trying to hold my tears and the sonologist saw that and told me to relax as I knew these assists forced my cervix to open as so not to perfom a C-Section which scared me and lost trust already. There was this assist also asked me to spew the last bite of bread i had at 9:45pm as it might cause danger on my procedure. It was really ridiculous! And told her that i was given until 10pm to eat and there was no directives by my OB if there are changes. I felt the tension because the Sonologist was scolding these assists and why didnt check the records first or call her first; That i cannot be this stress as its dangerous to deliver a baby butt first in a normal section! And I was trying to calm myself and praying for my little one already. So they already put me to bed and waited until 6AM -- November 18, 2019 to deliver my child. My OB came and did the procedure. 6:30AM a healthy and normal baby was out(C-Section Delivery)! At that moment, thats all i wanted but i am waiting for this time to tell this story of mine as my first pregnancy. I had the best OB but I am not sure if I will come back thinking that I will have to see these assist OBs again. Now my little one is turning 3 months and whenever I look at her, I'm still thanking God for keeping us safe that night.

First pregnancy, should I report it?
28 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Pwede ka Po mag Sabi sa OB mo na Hindi ka natuwa sa nangyari and gusto mo mag reklamo. Pwede ka rin Po mag pasa Ng letter sa head Ng hospital to complain regarding sa nangyari. I detail mo n lng Po pano ngyari and Sino Yung mga involved. I'm sure n pag tutuunan Po Yan Ng pansin at iimbestigahan Ng hospital. Pwede nman Po n mag request k Ng update regarding sa complain mo after Ng investigation.. para ma address properly Yung nangyari.

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Yes mommy, kinausap naman po ni husband so OB after the procedure at nung nasa room na ako. She said na its on her and will reprimand the 3 staff sa labor room.. im not sure kung pwede pa ako gumawa ng letter... It has been 9mo 🥺

They are not assistant OB they are residents. Your OB is the one (or shouldve been) giving instructions to the residents, it's their job to follow orders from your OB. If your OB knows it's breech and she has to perform CS, she shouldn't have allowed you to eat from the very beginning, and she shouldve discussed this with you. From my perspective it's your OB's negligence that you had to experienced that. Anyway congratulations!

Magbasa pa
3y ago

aww. 🥺 actually na discussed sakin yan lahat. pero hindi ko alam bakit hindi sya sinunod ng mga residents. hindi ko alam kung sino ang mali

One ie Lang dapat Kung cs ka Kasi if incase open cervix mo I eemergency cs ka pero Kung hindi aantayin nila ung date and time Ng cs mo , ako nag bleed ako tapos nagpunta ako Ng hospital I nay e nila ako Ng isang beses And they said close Naman daw cervix ko niready nalang nila ako Kasi the next day na ung cs ko minomonitor nlaang nila heart beat ni baby pero no ie na , inantay ko nalang ung time Kung kelan ako I ccs

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Hayy tuwing ikkwento ko yung experience ko, parang sobrang fresh pa rin sakin

Thank God nothing bad happened! For me, you should file a report.. Kahit late na mommy. Btw, you can say no to IEs. Sabihin mo lang one IE is enough. Masaket na yung paulit ulit... I can't imagine what you've been through... I salute you for still trying to stay calm at that moment :) kasi kung ako yun.... Bka nung nag 4cm ako, nagfile kagad ako ng report.

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Kakausapin ko nga ulit si husband at pag bumalik kami sa hospital, i want to file a report talaga kahit pa lumipas na

VIP Member

Your baby's life was put at risk! Report it! I was furious reading this momsh. Lalo na kaya ikaw na mismong pinagdaanan yan. Also mommy may I ask, pinagbayad ka ba sa additional ultrasound na ginawa sayo? But also congratulations on your little angel mommy! Ganda ng smile ni baby sa huling picture.. 💕 God is really good ❤️

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Nakupo pasalamat sila at covered ng hmo kasi unnecessary na yung ginawa nila tapos ikaw pa yung nagcost.

I also have a similar experienced like yours. I give a review,at first i just wanted to sue them but then i realized that they both work there,have same profession if ever i will do my side no one will testify or took part my side. Pinagdasal ko nalang sila and i do believe in KARMA. Im just thankful that me and my baby is safe.

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Actually, whenever i see my baby growing healthy, nagguilty ako na wala akong nagawa for her but at the same time, iniisip ko kung worth it ba yung pagod at oras kung ngayon palang ng first time parents kami, hirap pa mag adjust and no house helper kaya doble pagod. Gusto ko lang maenlighten in the future para maalis yung galit ko 😣

When I was abroad almost the same thing happened to me, it's just that my baby was not breech and they are just trying to see if I'm fully dilated, but the way they took the IE was so painful, much painful that giving birth it self. But the moment you see your baby, it's as if nothing happened.

4y ago

Congrats nakaraos kana po. Hopefully with this another pregnancy of mine will not be the same.😊

Hello, Mommy.. Na-trauma ka sa naging experience mo sa first pregnancy.. Mga resident O.B siguro ung mga un??? Dont feel bad.. In every pregnancy, different experiences.. Keep safe and healthy with your baby.. God bless.

Magbasa pa
4y ago

OB's sa labor room mommy. Yes nakaka trauma po siya kasi talaga siya mommy. Unfortunately, hind ako kasing strong ng ibang mommies. 😔

VIP Member

You should report it and also make a review online so it will raise an awareness to everyone who will see it. Google review or facebook review will make an impact. Thank God you and your baby are both safe 😊

4y ago

Thank you this momma. I will look for it and posted this again. Thank you very much

VIP Member

Napangiti ako sa last photo! Haha. Such a cutie. ♥️ Mabuti nalang talaga mommy naging strong ka for your baby. Grabe, 3 assist talaga nag-IE? Nakaka-trauma yung ganyan, yung ginawa sayo. hayyy

4y ago

Thank you mommy. Diba pag nakita mo na yung baby mo despite ng bad experience, mapapabuntong hininga ka nalang at gusto mo napang palagpasin