Hospitalisation leave before maternity leave

My edd is 31 oct , I am planning to clear my balance leave (approx 7 days ) , my gynae said he will give me hospitalisation leave for the remaining of the duration till the day I give birth , thereafter my maternity leave starts. But I don’t know what to tell my boss, what did you tell your boss for such situation?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just straight up told my boss that my gynae is giving me HL to rest and my ML will start after I gave birth and that I will update on the confirmed dates for both HL + ML again after I gave birth. All was cool! I guess depends on your boss also haha

Super Mum

Just tell your boss your last day of work so he/she can sort out the manpower. And when applying the leave, you’ll put it as HL till the day you deliver, and ML from the date of delivery onwards.

I just told my boss that my gynae wanted me to rest. I was given abt 2.5 weeks hospitalisation leave before my EDD because of my gestational diabetes. I had a lot of low blood sugar levels.

VIP Member

I just told my then-boss that gynae gave me HL and advise me to rest. Luckily my boss is a mum herself so she was quite understanding.

Super Mum

I told them I will be on hospitalisation leave till xxx as doctor requires me to rest.

VIP Member

I just tell my boss that I need to take leave and prepare for the birth of my child

VIP Member

I think it should be fine if your gynae thinks you should rest more.

VIP Member

Just inform them with the letter

VIP Member

Hmm, i would just say "dr advise me to stop work from xx to xx."