Hospitalisation leave

Hi mummies, how do you tell your company that you are taking hospitalisation leave before maternity leave?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Will drop an email to my direct boss and CC to relevant parties. Explained to them about my condition, I believe that they will understand.

Just inform your boss directly, and also check with your HR if your company covers any hospitalisation plans. Take care!

TapFluencer

I apply through the leave system. Told my boss that doctor instructed me to rest at home before delivering.

5y ago

Won’t they not accept it and change the hospitalisation leave to maternity leave instead?

VIP Member

So long u can provide hospital leave proof given by ur gynae can liao! They cannot reject the

VIP Member

If issue by doc, let you manager know, I’m sure they will understand

VIP Member

They will have to accept it since it is issued by the gynae. :)

5y ago

Will they change it to maternity leave instead as the reason for hospitalisation leave is to rest at home before delivery?

TapFluencer

Just tell ur manager about it. Hospitalisation leave and maternity leave is different and not changeable. So long it’s given by the dr with valid reason. U can request for a letter from the dr to prove also. I was given 55days of hl due to large fibroid, took another 4months of unpaid leave and 4 months of maternity leave before returning back work. Needed to be on bed rest.

Read more