To reconnect back with foe?

During my growing up years, I got to know friend C when we were 16 or 17 i think? Friend C has a best friend J. The 3 of us quickly became best of friends. However, gradually C and J fell out with each other and J was very close to me. Eventually C and me also fell out with each other and I remember her cursing my 18th birthday to be my death day. I am 35 this year. Frankly looking back I also forgot what caused us to unfriend each other. Oh yes C has a bf back then and her bf keep want to sian me however I kept my distance away from him. I guessed this guy kept poisoning C about me. I am one that cannot stand unfairness and stand being maligned. C angrily said I wore her old shoes etc. when I did nothing and felt she is childish. I rememebered back then on my 18th birthday I was on the way to pub and celebrate with J and another best friend A, C called me says she got a cake for me and I think she asked me to choose to celebrate with her or J and friends. In the end I gave C up as at that point i feel she is childish and also maglined me with her bf..my other friends actually feel C is childish and told me to ignore her too. After the saga, me and J(C's ex best friend) have been contacting each other till today and the other friends. J is also my best friend. However sometimes I feel she has a wall and doesn't really share her deep inner thoughts with me. We quarrelled when we went overseas trip 2 times. When C was my best friend back then, both of us were really close and happy and shared everything and our inner thoughts. Now I am a mother myself and through fb search I saw C also just became a mother. The husband is also not that ex bf anymore. There are a few times I dreamt of befriending with C again. However in reality I am not confident and pretty sure she will ignore me if I fb msg her. Also if I decided to befriend her again, what will J and other friends think of me? I am thinking of reconnecting back since its been so long and her husband is not the ex bf who discord us and we r both mothers now, common topic. Should I try to msg her in fb? If yes what should I say? Or should I not contact her anymore? Also wondering if she is still thinking that I steal her bf then as I did not! #pleasehelp #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Why not? I think you are overthinking it. Teenagers do stupid things and you are all adults now, I don't think J is going to hold a grudge over what someone did as a kid 20 at years ago.