Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS)

Due to my major previa and multiple episodes of bleeding, I had to undergo an emergency CSect at 35weeks gestation. My surgery went well but my daughter came out with difficulties in breathing. In fact after she was delivered, I heard that on the intercom that she was coded as Code Blue!!! True enough my worst nightmare came true. Shes in NICU now and breathing thru a ventilator. I'm so lost n needed to know if anyone has gone thru with your LO having RDS. I really am begging for answers.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear, sorry to hear that. Must have been very scary. How’s baby doing now? Has she been weaned off the ventilator? My LO’s case wasn’t as serious. She was born via normal vagina delivery, but there was foetal distress during my labour, so she had meconium aspiration (poop in her airway), and she came out bluish too. The paediatricians were on standby and had to suck everything out before she could finally breathe. She was sent to NICU for some time too for observation. I know how heart wrenching it is for baby to be wheeled off to NICU without getting a chance to even carry or hug her. Stay strong, mummy. May baby’s lungs get strong and better too, and may she be home in your arms soon ❤️

Read more
VIP Member

Sorry to hear that, best to consult the pediatrician regarding your baby's condition, hope all will be well.