8 Replies

VIP Member

I agree with both Nooraini and Diana. At such an early age, you can let your child explore on what he/she can do and what interests him/her the most. You can expose your child to different activities such as cycling, running (which you can start at home or play in parks and let him/her practice sprint and time her speed) and yes, swimming. I do believe that swimming is one of the essentials. I do not just consider it as a kind of sport but more of a lifetime skill which your child can learn at an early age. If you and your husband knows how to swim, you can guide your child with the basics. If not, you may opt to enrol your preschooler at swimming classes. I found one which you can enrol your child in group classes at 70 SGD per month. Though it is an addition to your household budget, learning how to swim is also an investment and a lifesaving skill everyone should take. If you and your husband don't know how to, you may consider enrolling the whole family and it can be also a form of leisure/recreation so the activity can also serve as a double purpose. You can check this link for the prices and different offerings for swimming lessons: http://www.singaporeswimming.com/

Like Diana, my daughter who's 7 now knows how to cycle and roller blade. She's currently taking swimming lessons with Little Splashes (about $40/lesson). Because I grew up playing sports, we dabble a little of everything whenever we can e.g. soccer if we're at the beach as young as 2, when she was a little more stable in walking and running. It wasn't a proper "training" since she was too young but I ran around with the ball letting her chase after it, or played some shooting or passing. At home she has a mini basketball net fixed to the back of her door which she has been throwing balls for as long as I can remember. And since I was in my school's volleyball team, she naturally picked up the interest after she saw pickings of me playing. Agree with Diana that you don't have to enrol your child in a particular sport so young. I believe this is the age where they can explore their interest and where you can see if she/he has any talent for it. For me, my daughter is pretty agile and fast but her stamina is lousy (exactly like me lol) so while she loves soccer, it's not enough to make her want to play it everyday as compared to doing gymnatics.

I teach my kids the basic outdoor sports such as scootering, cycling, skating. For swimming as I do not know how to swim myself, I let my 6 years old girl joins swimming class since she shown interest. Basic sports for preschoolers can be swimming, badminton, rope jumping, cycling, inline skating and etc. For me, in my opinion, at young age just let them explore different sports themselves and there is not necessary must enroll him/her to certain sports. I have seen my neighbor's kids self explore and learn inline skating without any coaching, they just figure out themselves. Also, these sports classes are not cheap, the money can be put at better use.

Sports could be a great activity for a pre schooler to meet each other and enjoy but at such small age it could also be little hard for them to learn the sport. So just teach them very fundamental things and then let them enjoy, don't put any pressure of rules/score or anything. Also if your kid is not enjoying it don't force it and try to ask what they don't like and if they want to do something else.

Pickleball, even with simplified rules, requires players to move quickly, change directions, and maintain balance on the court. Regular participation in the sport can help https://pickleballinfo.net/pickleball-rules/ improve balance and coordination skills, enhancing overall physical fitness and reducing the risk of falls or injuries.

Anything that involves a ball and running around is something your pre-schooler will surely enjoy! It's also a great way to meet new friends and to try new things. If your child doesn't take a liking to the usual sports, try also widening your scope to include martial arts, gymnastics, dance, etc.

define their interest , sit and discuss with the kids so that you will understand the assignment better and they will enjoy too.mine love out doors such roller blade, joging and cycling

Team games are great to improve social awareness and create new friendships.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles