Do you constantly feeling guilty as a full time working mother?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was a full time working mom during my no.1. Yes, I feel guilty for not spending enough time with her. Everyday she will cry before I go working and wait for me at the gate to return home in the evening. After I delivered my no.2, I quit my job and become a full time stay at home mom. But there is another list of guilt e.g. financial burden placed on husband, can't afford to send kids to enrichment classes and not able to coach kids at home as most of the time quite occupied by housework and cookings. There is always a compromise no matter what decision you have made in your life. One thing important is do not regret on the decision you have made.

Read more

I do :( Esp now that he is starting on solids, I am very nervous that my parents will resort to biscuits and snacks just to stop him from crying or whining. Also, I want to be there for all his firsts and scares that one of his firsts may be the time when I am at work. But realistically, Singapore is such an expensive city to live in and the cost to bring up a child is not cheap. It's either work and be able to provide for your children or don't work and struggle to give the necessaries your children needs to survive in this harsh world.

Read more

I was a working mom with my first two kids. Yes, i felt guilty especially the time when i have to go back to work after my maternity leave. But i just kept on thinking I'm working for them and somehow it helps to lessen the guilt.

VIP Member

In Singapore, it is extremely tough to survive on a single income, unless the single income is a 6 digit one or more. There are pros and cons to each situation.

thanks