Did you become more bad tempered after becoming a parent?

Did it affect your lifestyle or is it manageable?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Unfortunately, when we become parents, it's no longer about us anymore - the key is, to never neglect yourself or forget about you. I wouldn't say I got more bad tempered, but it does test my patience sometimes when my son starts getting cheeky - I practice gentle/peaceful parenting 85% of the time, but the other 15% I just blow up. To keep parents sane, we have to learn how to take care of ourselves - physically, financially and mentally - before we can take good care of our children. Some simple self care could be just taking 10 minutes more in the shower, having a meal by yourself, watching a show when you have the time, reading on your daily commute etc! If you're more fortunate to have flexibility in time management, you could go for massages, movies, stroll in the park, gym, exercise ... whatever works for you!

Read more

During the days when you get disrupted sleep, see loads of laundry to wash, dishes piled up etc with no one to help you, yeah, it can feel pretty yucky. But hey, it won't hurt to delay those tasks and give yourself a break, have a nice cup of tea, some snacks to perk yourself up before you resume your tasks. Set the alarm and have a 30min nap, then go for a nice shower, and continue. You will definitely feel more refreshed to continue with the rest of the day:)

Read more

I wouldn't say "bad-tempered", but I've definitely get annoyed a little faster. I feel it's just due to the sheer number of things on my plate as a mum and with work as well. It is most of the time due to me being tied for time for stressed and it's never my child's fault, really. So, understandably I feel pretty bad if I snap at my child. I've found that making sure I have time for myself to relax makes a huge difference. I go for a swim or do yoga to relax.

Read more
VIP Member

yes. Its been 15 months and counting that my son is still having night feed. Not 1 night i get to sleep well. And these months I realized I starting to need to oil myself with lavender to get myself into the mood to sleep. Its getting a toll on my temperament. 😂

Wouldn't say I became more bad tempered. But it sure brought out that side of me which I never knew existed... Testing your patience everyday haha. But at the same time, kids make everything better too! But overall, it's manageable.

Oh yes it did affect my lifestyle when i had kids. Coz there is no more 'US' in every communications. But Its nice having little ones running around messing the house asking for food and milk. Its a blessing in disguise..

VIP Member

I only have one child now. I think it is still manageable. I cannot imagine when the second comes along...

5y ago

Yes. I’m am.. :(

VIP Member

yes! bad temper... but sometimes close one eye, time pass very fast😅😅

lol. Super bad temper when my LO try to be funny. LOL.

No my temper becomes better