Bad tempered baby?

My mom kept saying my LO (4 weeks old) is bad tempered as he can't wait to be fed. He'll cry loudly while waiting for the EBM to be warmed up. Is it true that he's bad tempered or babies are like that?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Nope, that’s not being bad tempered. Babies cry when they are hungry. My baby cries too when waiting for her feeds. Babies need a lot of love and attention. They had everything they need while in our tummies. But when they are out, they depend on us for their every need.

VIP Member

Haha. Baby’s instincts are only limited to eat, sleep and poo. And the only language that they know, in order to get attention, is to cry...so it is not right to say that one is bad tempered just because of that, and especially at this very early stage.

VIP Member

My boy cried like the end of the world is here when he was an infant and was hungry. Other times he's just his normal self. They are hungry, sad, sick, uncomfortable etc.. so they cry. It has nothing to do with bad temper

VIP Member

Hi, babies can't be hot tempered. Crying is the only means of communications that they have. So its normal for them to cry. Unless everything is fulfilled and they still cry, it might be a different indication

I think all babies are like that. Same for my LO, he can scream cry until no voice while waiting for the milk. No worries too much. They are only babies and they can only express frustration through crying.

Super Mum

It’s perfectly normal dear:) Even adults are grumpy when they’re hungry. Haha. Your baby’s personality is not determined by this

has he always been this way? if not, it could be colic. my lo had colic at 6weeks old, when she had colic she also did that.

4y ago

Seems like it started from week 3 onwards. Usually starts about 7-8pm... I suspect he also has colic. But other times of the day, he's quite impatient when it comes to feeding, which I presume is normal.