Worried with no sign of baby coming out...

Currently 38 to 39 weeks pregnant, but there is still no signs of baby coming out... Gynaecologist says that by the 40 weeks if there is still no signs they will do a scan for water bag water level. And 41 week will induce, should i be worried? Sorry first time mummy here...

227 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, Congratulations and well done for coming this far! Growing a baby is no mean feat and baby just feels really comfy in there so you’ve made such a good home for your little one. Kudos to you! Research has shown that although the EDD is mostly predicted at 40 weeks, the average week that most mamas deliver is 41.5 weeks. There is no need to worry if you are not having any signs. Please be gentle with yourself as your body is doing this for the first time and there’s so much that it needs to do! Baby needs to come down, practice contractions, cervix ripening, repositioning, effacement...your body will do what it’s supposed to do when it’s time. It will take time no doubt but it is a physiological and natural process. I would like to suggest distracting yourself. Keep active - go for long walks, do breathing exercises and learn to relax. Being tensed in labour doesn’t help anything when we need our bodies to open to allow baby to come earth side :) I find this article rather informative about the pros and cons of inductions: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-on-inducing-labor-for-going-past-your-due-date/ Don’t worry about the doc doing a check on the water bag level. He is just erring on the side of caution. Just keep hydrating :) you’re doing great mama!

Read more
3y ago

thank you for replying in english

Super Mum

Hi mama, Please don’t worry. The EDD is a mere guesstimate. On the average, most first time mamas birth at week 41.3 weeks. We cannot take an actual look at baby from the inside out and scans can be inaccurate so baby might not be ready to come out. There’s a lot of research on this and since birth is a physiological process, sometimes we need to let nature take its course. Having said this, I can understand if you’re feeling anxious and excited to meet baby at the same time. Take the opportunity to have some ME time or spend good quality couple time with your spouse before the arrival of baby. Being relaxed helps loosen the ligaments in the body which help during birth :)

Read more

Hey nothing to worry at all, your doctor was just letting you know the procedure. Most pregnancies last between 37 to 42 weeks. If you have not given birth by 42 weeks, there are greater health risks for you and your baby. So by the end of 41 weeks, if you haven’t delivered your baby, your doctor will do tests to check on the baby. They will check the baby's heart rate, response and well-being, and other factors like amniotic fluid levels. If the tests show that everything is fine, your doctor may decide for you to go into labour naturally. If baby is having problems though, doctor may suggest labour induction or a C-section.

Read more
Super Mum

Hey mama! First thing: breathe! You’re doing such a great job that baby is so happy and comfy in the tummy that he doesn’t want to come out so give yourself a pat on the back! Second, research has shown that 40 weeks isn’t the absolute die die labour date and that 42 weeks might be the new overdue date :) As for induction, there are many natural methods that you can try. Here’s a link you could take a look at for the natural options you can consider as well as options for an induction: https://www.webmd.com/baby/inducing-labor-naturally-can-it-be-done

Read more

No you should not be worry because sometimes pregnancy doesn't really much accurate with your due date. As my personal Experience, I was in labor for a month before my due and thought to deliver sooner as the pain levels up but ended upto 42 weeks before I delivered my 2nd baby , my OB says it's what we call post term pregnancy. At first I was afraid because some OB's said that I need to be cs but because of my faith for my baby luckily I did not undergone cs and delivered normally to a 4.0 kgs super duper healthy baby girl ..

Read more

Don’t worry, your Gynae knows your baby and pregnancy the best My girl was very comfortable inside of me too till 40w.. Gynae told me that 38w I can give birth if I wanted to but I chose to wait. At 40w visited the Gynae and she said can only wait for another 4 days only. So we decided to take up Gynae’s suggestion to induce, admitted in hospital the same night(40w). After awhile signs of labor came in and didn’t induce there after. Somehow my girl knows that we were in the hospital and decided to come out 😆

Read more
Super Mum

Im a first time mum too... Don’t worry. My doc wanted to induce me when I hit 40 weeks & I was scared haha.. I kept talking to my baby. Told her that mummy is scared to induce, come out naturally for mummy and give mummy a quick labour cause my pain threshold is not high. Lo and behold, My baby came out at 39+6weeks, and within 5 hours since my contractions first started at home.. Do talk to your baby. They will know.. :) & do sit on an exercise ball to lightly bounce. That helped me!

Read more

Currently on my 37 weeks na, im doing excercises in the morning, walking and start eating pineapples and drinking pineapple juice to naturally induce labor.. Lets us not all be stressed mommies, just talk to your baby and pray 😊🙏 our baby will come out as soon as they are ready so might as well take action to our body on preparation for delivery 🤰💕 #firsttimemom also Goodluck and Godbless to us, my due this coming Nov. 27 ☺️

Read more
3y ago

Update lang mga mamsh, nanganak nadin ako @ 37 weeks 2 days via NSD, Nov. 15, 2020 (11:25pm).. Ginawa ko lang tlaga is more on walking and squatting during that time kasi pagka check sakin ng ob ko nung last check up at exactly 38 weeks ko 2cm na ako nun kaya tlaga nag purisgi ako na magpatagtag and ayun sa awa ng Diyos nakaraos na din ako. Kung nagawa ko mamsh magagawa nyo rin, Tiwala at pray lang tayo lagi. Have a safe delivery sa mga Team November dyan and to pregnant mommys out there. Godbless us all 🙏

pwede po bang mag tanong 37weeks and 4 days po ako ngayon pero kahpon po nag pa ie ako 4cm na sya tapos may lumabas na dugo pag ie saakin tapos sobrang sakit na sasakit tapos mawawala tapos ngayon po wala nanaman hindi nanaman sya sumasakit dipa po ulet ako nakapag pa ie .. ano po ba pwede kong gawin natatakot po kasi ako baka may mangyari masama sa bby ko.. natatakot na ako namatayan po kasi ako last year nawala bby ko dahil over due.. kaya natatakot po ako ngayon

Read more
3y ago

ganyan dn saken kala ko dn mag active labor nako kahapon Kaso sabe close cervix pa dn ako khit may bloody show nako.sabi more lakad kelangan na dw mag patagtag ehh.para bumaba na din si baby currently 37weeks and 3 days dn ako now.na stress lang dn ako kaka IE saken kse Ang tagal mag dilate ng cm ko grabe as in 24hrs ako sa hospital Walang improvement na maganda kahit nasaksakan nako pampa induce ska primerose sa pem2 ko.

38 weeks 5 days, the same here. Only difference is that my Gynaecologist said nothing. Even for my last visit he talked to me as he used to talk in my 2nd trimester. He said nothing about delivery. He seemed to be calm so I just assume that I don't have to worry about delivery 😅. Still not sure how I'm gonna feel when that time comes, as this is my first one.

Read more