Worried with no sign of baby coming out...

Currently 38 to 39 weeks pregnant, but there is still no signs of baby coming out... Gynaecologist says that by the 40 weeks if there is still no signs they will do a scan for water bag water level. And 41 week will induce, should i be worried? Sorry first time mummy here...

227 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, Congratulations and well done for coming this far! Growing a baby is no mean feat and baby just feels really comfy in there so you’ve made such a good home for your little one. Kudos to you! Research has shown that although the EDD is mostly predicted at 40 weeks, the average week that most mamas deliver is 41.5 weeks. There is no need to worry if you are not having any signs. Please be gentle with yourself as your body is doing this for the first time and there’s so much that it needs to do! Baby needs to come down, practice contractions, cervix ripening, repositioning, effacement...your body will do what it’s supposed to do when it’s time. It will take time no doubt but it is a physiological and natural process. I would like to suggest distracting yourself. Keep active - go for long walks, do breathing exercises and learn to relax. Being tensed in labour doesn’t help anything when we need our bodies to open to allow baby to come earth side :) I find this article rather informative about the pros and cons of inductions: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-on-inducing-labor-for-going-past-your-due-date/ Don’t worry about the doc doing a check on the water bag level. He is just erring on the side of caution. Just keep hydrating :) you’re doing great mama!

Read more
3y ago

thank you for replying in english