Confinement food

Is confinement food scientifically proven? Or this is just a gimmick?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s supposedly more nutritious for your healing body. But to be honest, I personally didn’t eat it. Cause I’m super picky eater, no point ordering something I will not eat, and I’m still fine and good. I also did ask my OB if it’s necessary, and she said no. As long as you’re eating healthy food. So during my confinement I had lots of healthy, mainly a main protein, like chicken, salmon accompanied by veggies. Sometimes fish soup or ginseng chicken. Nothing fancy. And since I never try confinement food before, I can’t tell if it’s better or u will heal better. But I can honestly say I recover fine without it.

Read more

honestly it isn't quite necessary. I thought it was, so we got confinement food and other extra herbs to make additional soup to replenish what my body lost. 8 days in and I started bleeding a fountain with pad being soaked in just 10 minutes. went to the gynae and was told to stop immediately, that normal food with protein good fats carbs etc is actually more than enough for our body! was then given medicines to stop the abnormal bleeding and gynae said alot of women come in with this random bleeding issue after confinement food. looking back husband and I would have looked into getting a good healthy tingkat instead. best of luck!

Read more
2y ago

oh no I'm hoping you feel alot better after the confinement food trial. hoping all is well with you and baby too if you've given birth ❤️

I think it’s the ingredients used in confinement food. It is said to help nourish our body after birth and also confinement food are much more heaty (to keep our body warm) compared to normal food. My auntie’s sil ate his wife’s confinement food for 2 days and ended up with nose bleed and high fever 😂

Read more
2y ago

I ordered confinement food but it’s not to my liking so I ended eating abit here and there (even mcD hehe). As I’m breastfeeding so they didn’t really put a lot of ginger into my food so I guess mine is less heaty? 😃 If you know how to cook, it’s pretty much adding sesame oil & red dates into all your food 🫠 Anyway….. you can always enjoy till you decided it’s your last pregnancy then do a proper confinement 🫶🏻

tis you gotta ask SFA to analyse the confinement food nutritional value for u 🤭 if u believe it, u believe; if u dun, then dun bother spending $ on it.. ever heard of safer than sorry?

2y ago

honestly I duno if it works.. to my MIL, as long as u put ginger (heaty) in the dishes, that's confinement food.. then again she is a bad cook so... so basically I went thru my first confinement with her as the chef and I still made it out alive 😂 she didn't used any herbs or other stuff, just ginger everywhere (even insisted on ginger skin for my showers).. and my body still good enough to be now 31wks preggers 👍🏼