Drinking Of Warm Plain Water During Confinement

Confinement Cannot Drink Warm Plain Water, totally a no? So if take medication, take with red dates drink? Is it true?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You can drink a little but not too much. Usually drink red dates drinks. If you follow traditions Chinese beliefs / practice- “1. Myth: Do not drink plain water This comes from the belief that drinking plain water causes water retention or will cool down the body too much. The truth: There is no harm in drinking plain water. In fact, because new mothers tend to sweat heavily because of hormonal changes, they have all the more reason to drink water and keep hydrated. However, new mothers should be encouraged to drink warm water instead of cold water.” There are some mummies follow strict rules.

Read more

Depends on what you believe. I’m in my confinement now, I don’t take plain water, even taking medicine I drink red dates or ginger water. Some ppl believe that drinking plain water cause “swelling” and the water retention can’t be “removed” from your body.

VIP Member

I had taken warm plain water during confinement. It also helps to increase milk supply too.

Not true! Drink more water is good for milk..

Super Mum

Not true! U can drink warm plain water

I really take with red dates drink.

Can drink ... Not totally cannot

VIP Member

It's fine to drink water (:

Super Mum

Can drink warm plain water.

Super Mum

It’s fine to drink water