Please share your experiences or advices to FTM!

Hello. Care to drop your experiences about labour? What advice(s) would you give to first time mummies? Feeling a little anxious here....

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As my tolerance for pain is super bad, i took epidural for both my labours. But both natural delivery. This time i only start gg to the hospital when the contractions are 5mins apart and consistant. You may wanna download the contraction app which will tell you if it's time to go hospital right away. I regretted being induced for my firstborn thrfore tryta be calm and wait for the right time, for my secondborn. Inform the nurse right away if you choose to take d epidural bcz if it's too late, they won't let you take it. Epidural helped me numb the pain of stictching the vag too so i didnt feel so much of the pain. You'll know when it's time so dont be too anxious. you can do ittt jia you!!!

Read more

Learn abt breathing techniques during labour. It'll help even if u're on epidural just so tt u don't feel completely exhausted. Honestly for me, giving birth isn't as overwhelming as the 4th trimester. While u prepare urself for labour, do also prepare urself mentally for the postpartum period. Read up as much as u can abt breastfeeding, ask new moms how they cope with lack or rather no sleep at all. I feel this is totally underrated. I wish ppl had truly told me everything abt the post childbirth. I had postnatal blues even with incredible support frm my mom and hubby. Not to scare you but just an honest advice frm a FTM who wished tt she was told more abt it.

Read more

You'll be guided throughout your labour so nothing to worry about but an advice from an experience mum like me - never ever lift your butt up when you're pushing to avoid big tear. 5 children and only had an episio with my first (had to because 1st birth), no tear with my other 4.

Super Mum

Labour is ok. Nurses will guide you through the process.. It's not as overwhelming as you think it would be. The toughest part is the part when you bring your baby back home aka the 4th trimester. Be mentally prepared to have sleepless nights.

It was painful. But it was bearable. Mum don't be too stress. Be positive. When you see your little one's face all pain and tiredness go away. Take care. God bless you

VIP Member

I would say follow the nurses and doctor, they will be there to guide you. What we can do is to regulate our breathing, stay calm & push!