Any FTM here took care of newborn by yourself without any help?

No confinement nannies or in laws to help? How do you survive taking care of your baby yourself as a first time mom? Can share your experiences?#advicepls #FTM #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I didn’t have a confinement nanny or in laws for our first born. However we had a prior discussion that we want to be hands on parents and we are determined to do so. Hence we did everything ourselves all the way until 4th month. (We have a helper to do cooking/washing/housework and ordered confinement food online.) The bond with our daughter is amazing and both of us know her signs of needs. We also become more appreciative to our own parents. We become more understanding and appreciative to each other too because we know exactly what we are going through. Hence we are going to do the same for our 2nd one.

Read more

I didnt have confinement nanny. Neither did our parents help. I was a angsty mother 😅 hb helped for first mth then return to work. I went back only when my LO was 4+ 5 mths. As they grow up it gets better

I’m sure you will be fine. Mother instinct will kick in, but pay attention to your mental health.