Can anyone share their experience taking care of baby after confinement lady left? I will be on my own to take care of baby in 4 days time

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I didn't have a confinement lady. Taking care of a baby is not as hard or daunting as it seems. Your baby is even more afraid than you are. It helps to have a good support system but if you will be entirely alone, do make sure you have the tools to make it easier. For example, instead of using a traditional bath tub, use one with a bath sling so you have both hands free instead of having to support a wriggly and slippery baby with one arm. Also, as much as possible, try to breast feed. There are many benefits but other than that, it is just so convenient because you won't need to prepare formula or ensure that the milk temperature is just right. There are also no bottles to wash.

Read more

The most challenging part is bathing the baby. If you still have 4 days ask your confinement nanny to teach you that before she leaves. Other than that is the feeding. Try to preempt baby's feeding so that he doesn't get too aggressive. If you're formula feeding, you can scoop your feeds first into a container. If you give breastmilk then better to latch to save time washing and sterilizing and heating up milk. Arm your repertoire with lots of nursery rhymes and have fun singing with baby as you put him to sleep!

Read more

When baby is young, the routine is pretty much the same, drink milk, burping, bathing, sleeping and changing diaper. You can work out a plan with your hubby to take charge in certain baby routine after back from work. If you feel overwhelmed between taking care of baby and the housework/cooking, you can choose 'tingkat'/meal catering or engage a part-time cleaner. I would say, once you get hands-on in taking care of baby, you will feel that it is actually not difficult.

Read more
VIP Member

after confinement lady leave I direct latch as much as I could so there is zero waiting time for my baby whenever she need milk and also reduce the routine of washing the pumps parts. stand by haakaa or pigeon silicon pump/cup for saving of leaky milk on the other side. But this is just from my experience every baby and mummy practice are different. u will eventually work out your own practice.

Read more

I have the pink one from Lucky Baby which I bought from NTUC! Helps to support baby better, relief stress from your back when you stay at a position for too long and also prevents you from hurting your tear below.

I agree with Stephanie! Showering the baby is the most challenging part after the confinement lady leaves. You might want to get one of these baby bath seats to help you.

Post reply image

thanks