First time mum jitters.

Hi mummies, I am a FTM. I am very worried I don't know how to take care of newborn baby after my confinement nanny left when her contract ends. I wish to renew her contract to help me longer but I can't due to financial constraints. I am very very nervous about taking care of newborn baby alone. My hubby can help out but sometimes some men are clumsy and insensitive to newborn needs, right? Can you all advise me how to be more confident and less afraid to take care of newborn without experience?#pleasehelp #firsttimemom #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

All first time mum will feel the nervous, anxious, jitters esp when you have newborn, first night together. I would advice since you have confinement nanny, you may learn from her the daily needs, wants, cry, dos dont about caring for newborn. Try to sleep a day or two with your newborn. Try to handle your newborn while she's around. Why? Because it helps and one way or another you will learn to be confident. Though it is about trial and error of being with a newborn atleast you know your newborn and bonding will be stronger. For my first born, I do have helping hand from parents but baby sleep with me and spouse, we handle everything on our own, trust instinct. It helps alot and we learn.

Read more