Can anyone please share the most important rules of confinement to follow?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I agree with Idza. It's easy to overlook this because so many things are going on concurrently and it's easy forget (or not able) to sleep/rest whenever you can. Tiredness will wear you out fast especially if you are handling a newborn and it's easy to fall into post natal depression. I've been there and it was such a dark period for me when I should have been happy about the arrival of my son. Pass your newborn to someone if you're tired and get a good rest. Otherwise sleep when he sleeps, and stop staring at him sleep. I know I did because I was paranoid about so many things.

Read more

I think getting enough rest during confinement is super important. In every community and culture, the confinement period is a time for the new mum to rest and avoid any physical work. Also, during this time, sex is not allowed as the mum is not considered fully healed. Even if you don't believe or choose to follow all the confinement practices of your community, atleast follow the advice about resting :)

Read more

Plenty plenty . 1.cannpt bath but can only use that Chinese herbal bath to bath ur body . 2. No direct fan. 3. Cooking cannot use normal cooking oil only use sesame oil . 4. No aircon. 5. Cannot leave house. 6. Rest as much as u can. 7. Eat all the super nutritious food to replenish blood . 8. No cold drinks . *wad I heard n wad I followed n wad I learned in tcm class . Got reasons behind it .*

Read more

Not exactly confinement rules but.... Listen to your body. Don’t over stress yourself. Reach out for help if you need. If you’re well rested, mentally and physically, that’d be the best thing you can do for yourself

TapFluencer

Eat right, drink plenty of water, sleep sleep sleep every chance you can as rest us very crucial to recovery and try not to stress yourself out

VIP Member

I didn't follow the confinement rules. But I make sure myself wouldn't get cold. If not the flu viruses might spread to newborn.

Rest and sleep whenever you can. Drink plenty of liquid (soup, red date drink etc)

VIP Member

Avoid stress n eat in time .. take rest when ever possible

thanks

VIP Member

Do not carry heavy thing and have sufficient rest.