Confinement

Hi mummies, did you follow confinement rules after your pregnancy? What are some of them? And how did you cope with it?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Bathe alternate days for hair , but daily on body . I use the confinement tea bag to place in the water and lemongrass shampoo for my hair and body . Always bathe in warm water and off fan and aircon and faster dry body and hair . During day time I will on the fan and let out natural wind in . Daily drink red dates warm Water instead of plain water . Minimise touch water and let confinement lady handle washing baby clothes and bathing baby as much as possible . Eat well and sleep well during the one month confinement which is really necessary .

Read more
5y ago

Actually not really if u really can’t but can order confinement meals so easier for u n ur hubby .

I try to follow as much. I didnt wash hair for two weeks (UNBEARABLE), I shower with herbal water everyday, got post natal massage, long sleeve and pants with slippers, no wind blowing (windows are shut cuz my place too windy), I do on aircon 25 degree temperature low fan mode in the room, eat traditional confinement food, no cold drinks and no plain water, only red dates. I didnt go out too unless for check ups.

Read more

Not really. I shower everyday with confinement herb bath but I make sure I’m dry before stepping out of the shower. I eat all the confinement food, never drink cold water, only drink red date tea. Sleep in aircon room and on fan at Low speed to make myself and baby comfy. Did not have enough rest like what everyone say because taking care of baby on my own with husband, no confinement nanny.

Read more
3y ago

Me too no nanny

I followed the rules with complaints daily that I cant wash my hair haha.. Didn't wash my hair for 28 days (WANT MY LIFE) my hub went to buy confinement powder shampoo which I don't find it helpful Shower herbal bath alternate days On aircon after a week cause I can't stand the heat anymore Consume red dates logan drink and confinement food Covered up myself as much as i can

Read more
TapFluencer

My only concession was having herbal bath but I still bathed Everyday. I ate the healthy food prepared for me. But never wore Long sleeves and slept in aircon room. You have all the latest info at your fingertips. Go research if the confinement rule made sense or not.

Had confinement food Showered herbal bath on alternate days Drank Logan red date water Wore slippers and long pants . The heat was unbearable but no aircon in the house . So had to use fan instead .

Read more

Not really, altho i shower herbal bath, eat confinement food. but i solo tc my LO as everyone is working... kena nag during bb first month... now I occasionally hving pain around .. haiz no choice

VIP Member

Bathe every 2-3days. Did not wear long sleeve. Ate confinement food. Did not have plain water except longan date water. Had fan but not direct. Sleep in aircon room at room temp at night.

Read more

yes. do post natal massages , wear the wraps for whole day, herbal bath, watch my diet . Most of the time prepared by confinement lady and a massage aunty.

Super Mum

I didn't really follow the rules. I showered after 1 week (herbal bath). I didn't wear long sleeves. I slept with fan or aircon on.

Read more