Solids

My boy turning 6months soon. But he cannot sit w/o support. I cannot give him puree yet right?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My boy is turning 6 months next week but he cannot sit without support too. I’m still trying to train him to sit upright. My PD explained that as long as we can support the baby to keep him from falling back (or else he may choke on the food), we can feed him. To feed him, you can buy a baby booster seat like the picture attached as it has an insert that provides more support for babies. I’m getting one soon 😃

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

If he can hold his head up for a longer period, it should be fine. You can test with puréed apple or pumpkin mixed with BM and see if he can push it back to his throat and able to swallow.

You can buy those high chair that has the resting cushion at the back so he can sit and lay back. You can still give puree, just dont give the one that's super thick yet

VIP Member

Can your baby hold his head. If yes, you can start feeding him purées. If not, just wait till he can hold his head and sit

VIP Member

You can try to give him pureed veggie with milk. If he can swallow it then he's ready

Hey, You can start giving in moderation. Try mixing fruit purees in milk

VIP Member

you just need to train him, put him in sitting position more often

Super Mum

Watch out for constipation when baby first start solid

Super Mum

6 months can eat some solids like pumpkin

VIP Member

Puree is fine, I will hold the solid