Feeding 2y/o Medication

hi! i am having trouble feeding my son medicine. he used to swallow the medicine when we gave him before but he got smarter now and would spit the medicine out. he would also put his teeth together so we cannot access his mouth haha! we gave him the medicines via a syringe. any tips on how we can give his medicine properly.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey! I know exactly how you feel! My LO rarely takes meds so when he had to, he would do everything he can to make sure the syringe doesn’t get in his mouth. Friends would tell me told him down and force it, but I practice gentle parenting so neither husband nor I could do it. We asked our PEDs and she suggested putting it in his unsweetened/Low sugar juice. Say about 1/3 a cup of favourite juice with the meds. And it worked! She said just not to mix the meds. One kind for each 1/3cup of juice. And 1/3 is just nice cause they’ll always ask for more and we take the chance to load on the other meds. PEDs said this is better than having parents struggling and then getting frustrated shouting and screaming at the child and little one ends up spitting/vomiting/crying or worse choking on the meds. All the best!

Read more

Feeding medication to a 2-year-old requires caution and expertise to ensure safety and effectiveness. It's crucial to consult healthcare professionals for proper guidance and dosage instructions. Meanwhile, for medical professionals seeking to enhance patient care, consider ordering Synvisc injections at wholesale prices from https://ogomed.com/product/synvisc-one/. Synvisc injections offer effective relief for osteoarthritis and joint pain. Explore the product at OgoMed and provide optimal care for your patients' joint health needs.

Read more