Is it okay to feel entitled for a pregnant woman?

Because I feel like I got all eyes on me even when I’m sitting at the Priority Seat.

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you ! There was once I went for my check up at novena and I was seated at the priority seat and 4 aunties board the train at yishun and guess what .. my bf was seated beside me gave up the seats to one of them and the other auntie keep staring at me as my bump is not very obvious (5months).. and end up I gave up my seat and stand all the way to novena, and the train was so packed . No one else gave up the seats to me .

Read more
Super Mum

Yes you are entitled to the priority seat. Most people don't know what pregnant women go through, especially if your bump is not obvious. The first trimester is the toughest time yet most people don't know that. I've always had a small bump so most of the time no one gave me seat. Even when I sit someone would come and ask if I'm pregnant. I wish can just wear a sign saying pregnant woman lol...

Read more
Super Mum

sometimes i wonder if all the glaring eyes and the ladies out there knows the feeling of being preg. they will play hp or some will just stare at u and look away. my first tri, was damn hard.my legs will get jelly and i ended up being on bedrest till recently. even till now at 6mths preggy, ppl wont give up seat esp with my swollen feet. my god 😭😭😭

Read more
VIP Member

Maybe because your bump not too obvious but who cares? You know you are pregnant and you needed the seat. Unless you sse someone of more need of that seat and you want to give up to them, just do it. Shame the rest who are perfectly fine and healthy.

VIP Member

I don’t think it’s entitlement. Can’t help it if we need extra assistance during pregnancy. We’re dedicating all our energy and oxygen into growing the baby.

TapFluencer

You should embrace being pregnant and take the seat with grace and dignity. Smile serenely at anyone who looks at you. You most certainly deserve the seat 😉

I feel the same too. Although Im 5 months plus into the pregnancy. My belly don't show and people will be looking at you for taking up the piority seat

Prioritise the wellbeing of you and your baby. Ignore the glaring eyes. Its the most magical 9 months in a womans life, cherish it to the fullest! :)

VIP Member

i would just go up ahead and sit at the reserved seat when i was in my last 2 months of pregnancy, was too tired to care what others thought..

Some haters will think, pregnant no big deal, cos we are young, older ppl will think they deserve the seat better. Just ignore them