Petite and pregnant challenges =(

Petite pregnant mummies, how do you overcome the challenges of pregnancy due to being small? I have a narrow (like 62cm narrow) and long ribcage (thus a very small torso) and only at 20 weeks, I'm already looking very pregnant. Not only that, but I feel like my ribcage is constantly stabbing into my organs, causing regular pain. I constantly feel ribcage pain, esp on my right rib, sometimes I even suspect that it may actually be my baby pushing its leg strongly on my rib because it has no space. I feel like I constantly have to sit straight and cannot hunch and its making my back very tired. Even when I'm sitting extremely straight, it still feels like my organs are being stabbed into. 😭 how am I going to survive another 20 weeks of this? Help. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firsttimemom #firstbaby #FTM #petite #pain

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My ob gyn says I'm very petite too and needless to say third tri now is very tough on me. Since 2nd tri I had painful stabs to the ribs that are tears inducing and very bad pelvic pain. I have limited mobility now and haven't gone out of the house much for the past 2 months. Some days are so bad that I can't stand, walk, nor sit. My ob gyn says it's good that I opted C sec as I wouldn't have the strength to push + baby still in breech. Voice out to your ob gyn on the symptoms and discuss pain management. If you're still working, your ob gyn will need to assess if you should be issued hosp leave and bed rest. It does seem like the whole pregnancy is not a beautiful journey like what some others have described, but you'll be amazed at the amount of sacrifice you can make and how much your body can go through. You're not alone :)

Read more

same here im small girl like my husband call me everytime but i having a big tummy im on my 28 weeks but look like im 38weeks preggy.My main concern is my tummy feel so tight, like really tightening so when my baby kick a bit ifeel pain.thats why i havung a really tough and difficult pregnancy +those difficulties hormonal changes.Like i fighting my life for my baby everyday.And i cant do anything about it but to endure everything😪

Read more
1y ago

hopefully🙂 Goodluck to us

Yesss im also petite! And yes my ribcahe hurts toooo now im at 21 weeks! I read its because baby and uterus is growing so organs are pushed up towards ribs. I also try to sit straight also not working 😭

There's nothing we can do but to endure, I'm also experiencing the same stuffs, luckily I'm still left with 43 days more to go. When I'm in pain I'll just talk to baby to ask them move.

I feel you. My ribs started hurting arnd wk 17 but somehow got better in 3rd tri. I have delivered recently. Hang in there and you'll see ur LO soon!