10 Replies

My gynae advised me to wait till 39th wk to decide induction or c-sect as he said baby's lungs wld be better developed by then. I tried everything frm walking alot, squatting, breast stimulation etc to dilate but still 0cm. Gynae gave the option to induce but he also told us of the risk tt there is chance it'll fail cz my baby was still high up, being a petite mom, it cld perhaps also be tt my birth canal is small. So at my last appt at 39th wk, we decided to do a csect as my hub and I don't want to risk baby's shoulder dislocation or using vaccum or forceps. And it was a blessing in disguise as upon birth, we saw tt baby's cord was wrapped ard his neck, not so tightly but cld have cause complications if I still gave birth naturally. It cldn't be seen on ultrasound. So, u may want to discuss with ur gynae again. Different moms have different situations. I don't think ur gynae wld suggest tt out of convenience. Oh btw my baby was 3.8kg.

i decided to go for induce but end up c sect too😆. my bb also 3.85kg

To me best is to induce cause mine when the contraction come i really couldn't take the pain as i ended up in the hospital even though my due date is just 2 to 3 days left and the next day morning my baby pop out at 4 kg cause the doctor recommend me to break my water bag so ya 😅

Hi u should follow gynae advise. I have a few mummy friend induce at week 37 as doc estimated 3.5kg. came out bb 3.7kg. should she hold till week 40, bb will be 4kg. and will be difficult for natural birth. so I would always follow professional advise rather than friends. :)

Short or tall, labour is truly painful . I am 177cms and yet my labour was 20hours after induced and epidural also it was a traumatic delivery with a baby of 4kgs and took a long time to recover, Follow your gynae advice she knows your body better than we think.

All the best dear

I induced cos my gynae told me my baby head is big. Estimated weight was 3kg, actual birth weight was 3.7kg. I would say luckily i induced if not might have to csec alr.

VIP Member

My gfs tell me that weight could have a +-300g error. So ur bb could be bigger irl. For me i would have opt for c-sec as im quite petite.

i would trust the Gynea.. if in doubt can get 2nd option from another gynea

TapFluencer

follow gynae recommendations and trust their professional advice

Gynaes are the experts for a reason, are your friends experts?

if bb too big, will need c sec

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles