Is it normal to induce before due date?

Hi mummies, I’m currently at 38 weeks, today at checkup my Gynae told me to do more exercise and pump my breast in order to get some contractions ongoing.. and also if there is no sign of labor in next 7 days, I’ll be induced… but I thought I still have some time.. is it normal to rush into delivery mode this early (or maybe not early at all)? Baby’s estimated weight is at 3.1kg now Thanks!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am at W37D2 and 2cm dilated. Gynae told me to prepare for the next few days. I was also told that I will be induced in 7 days too. I think most of his patients deliver W37-8 for easy natural birth. After that may have higher chance of emergency C sect if baby is too big. But my doctor did mention induction is personal preference so I can choose, he will just recommend.

Read more

It depends on the gynae and also your situation. Reasons why gynae wanted to induce maybe because they are afraid that by 39/40 weeks, your baby will get bigger or any other issues like lack of fluid or baby starts eating poop etc etc. For no issues and smaller weights, I think gynae will allow you to wait one week past EDD.

Read more

36w now.. could you please share what kind of exercises?