Labour

I’m currently 37 weeks, with high blood and gd , baby weigh 3.5 kg now. Doctor want me to go for c sect.. he said he’s afraid that the baby’s shoulder will get stuck during birth. However my friend who just gave birth to a 3.5kg baby girl with big head tell me it’s possible to deliver my boy naturally . I prefer natural birth. For those who gave birth to their baby (more than 3.5kg) , do we go by baby’s head diameter or weight risk ? Do u think I should insist on natural birth? I feel my gynae does not speak a lot, even I ask him if I can still cont eating chicken Essence, he say yes. But wouldn’t that make the baby grow bigger?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, just to share with you. i have gd and high blood too. gave birth via normal delivery on 15 april this year. went to checkup at week 36 baby is already 3.3kg, doc advice to induce delivery on my 38 weeks as baby growing fast. baby came out 3.8kg and head measure 36cm. but still better to listen to your gynae as he know what best for you.

Read more

Also to add on.. I did ask if he can induce me to deliver via natural birth these few days but he says no to it. Why can’t he do it, since I’m alr full term

listen to Gynae csec is not scary, it's much more relax than natural and recovery process can be as fast as natural

hi, may i know in the end you chose which way? natural or c sect? i also facing like yours now.

it's better to listen to gynae advice

Is better to hear ur gynae advise

5y ago

My friend told me horror story abt c sect stitching and all.. so I’m afraid :(