is it enuff?? 3m2wk bb

My baby usually drinks at this schedule 7-8am : latch on until sleep 12-2pm : latch on 5pm : 140ml ebm 7-8pm : 140ml ebm OR 150ml formula 11pm-12am : 150ml formula then she will wake up next day to latch on again. she is still active, dont rly know how to see if baby is dehydrated or not gaining weight.. but so far she seems ok n good. sometimes bb dont even finish 150ml of formula or 140ml of ebm will left maybe 5-20ml depending. is this normal for a 3m old baby?? coming to 4 month?? wet diapers about 5/6times and dirty about 2times averagely..

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Sounds ok for latching, although the 140-150EBM sounds like a lot for a 3 month old. For BM the caloric intake changes as the baby grows that’s why BM babies typically don’t drink more than 160ml even at 1 year, whereas with FM you can only increase the caloric intake by giving more. Since there’s about 5-20ml of EBM left, you may want to give less to prevent wastage. So maybe 120ml EBM first, if still hungry then pour a little more.

Read more

I read that the formula for each feed should be (150ml X weight in kg / total number of feed per day). I'm also finding it hard to measure how much baby drinks from direct latch each time :/

Sounds very good to me. Unless no drop in weight and pd say is good, then its good

VIP Member

Ur LO drink pretty well.. My LO comin to 4mths, still drinking 80-90mls ):

Super Mum

Sounds good. Since PD never say anything which means everything is good.

TapFluencer

Hi mummy just for your info fm is fuller than bm.

VIP Member

Sounds great. Shouldn't be any problem

Super Mum

Diaper output ok means baby ok

VIP Member

It’s completely normal..

Super Mum

Schedule looks good :)