saddening

any mummies had to stop breast feeding because milk supply wasn't sufficient? i try to latch as much as i can so idk how much baby drinking but she usually latches until she sleep or spit out. when i do pump at night, i get about 100-140ml which is just nice for baby feed. she is 3mths n drinks 140-160ml of bm if bottle feed. I'm afriad I'll have to stop bf soon if my supply is not enough for bb. happened a few times bb will spit out nipple n cry, i try latch again she will suck awhilw then spit out. suspect not enough milk for her liao.. feel very sad n guilty if i cannot give bb bm

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mummy, don't worry too much. Not pumping out much doesn't mean you have low milk supply. Do read the article to look out for other signs to know whether your child is feeding well.. https://kellymom.com/hot-topics/low-supply/

Read more
Super Mum

It doesn't sound like you have low supply, I also pump about the same amount. The more you latch, the more supply will come. Maybe you can try taking a few days to just lie on bed and latch baby as often as possible the whole day?

VIP Member

Pls don’t be guilty for not able to breastfeed your baby. It isn’t shameful to bottle fed. I mixed around breastfeeding and formula for my first baby. And now he is growing well. I hope you don’t pressure yourself. :)

VIP Member

You can always eat those milk booster 😊 my supply is also low but I didn’t gave up, i pump like every 2hours.. though supply still not enough so i gave formula milk for backup.. don’t be so stressed out mommy.

VIP Member

Don’t feel bad! Maybe try lactation cookies / oats?