I feel like I have run out of milk every evening. I tried to switch my baby from one side to another but she seemed impatient and refused to suck. I would try for an hour and succumb to giving her expressed breast milk. I don't know if she is gaining weight or not because the next check up is 2 weeks from now. As for her diaper count, she used up about 5-6 diapers per day.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, here are some signs you're not producing enough milk: -Your baby's urine is dark and smelly, of scant output (less than 5-6 wet disposables a day) -Your baby's eyes and mouth are dry -Your baby is losing weight Do not use what you can pump, frequency of your baby's nursing, length of nursing, or how soft your breasts feel as indications of your supply. Fussiness in a baby is likely due to distractibility and impatience. Try nursing lying down in the dark for more efficient nursing sessions. If your baby is at her 6-month mark, a growth spurt is a possibility as well. If you're concerned about her not gaining weight, you can always make a trip to your paediatrician sooner than your next appointment. Hope this helps!

Read more

Yup is normal for baby to like only one side of the breasts. I rmb my child refused my right side and preferred my left, literally sucking my left breast dry. I had to pump out my right as she totally rejected it. Bb is doing well by her change of diapers. Don't fret as u r doing a wonderful job by providing her the best. Keep encouraging her on the other side of breast and ensure bb is comfortable on the way he/she is feeding.

Read more

Hi Yvonne, 5-6 diapers a day seems ok to me. There would be other signs if yor baby wasn't getting enough to eat. They woul be fussy throughout the day and keep wanting to feed. It it rather normal for babies to prefer one side. Some suggestions would be to try a different feeding position for tye other side. Either lying down or football hold. These worked for me when my baby had this issue.

Read more

When you feel empty in the evening, I suggest you try to take in milk booster after your lunch time. There are a lot of milk booster for different individuals ..eg oat, milk tea, fenugreek tea etc. The diaper count is consider okay for your baby. Not to worry about the weight too much. :) You are doing very well munmy

Read more