bf journey

i feel quite down as i suspect my milk production is slowing down tremendously. my bb is coming to 4mths and i only started to dl when she was 2mths old, previously pumping. I suspect i wasnt latching on enough/pumping enough hence the slow down. i tried milk boosters but it still wasn't enough for my lo.. I'm quite upset that the fact ive to stop bf the day i cannot give bb enough milk she drinks about 150ml of breast milk nowadays and sometimes it isnt enough! and when i latch she will cry after 5mins i assume is bc no milk :( i rly hoped i could have bf until she was 6mths

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I feel you! I am 3 mths PP & I feel my supply dipping too.. Esp after an episode of falling sick with flu, fever n the lot! I tried milk boosters too but like no difference. So now am trying to latch baby every 3 hours throughout the day in hopes it will trigger my body to produce more milk.. I hope to BF her until 6 mths too. Lets jiayou tgr mummy!! 💪🏽

Read more
TapFluencer

There are no hard and fast rule in breastfeeding. If your milk supply is Low, there is absolutely nothing wrong in supplementing with infant milk. So Long as baby is well fed and happy.

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/how-to-increase-breast-milk-supply

Just do what you can mummy! :)