how to make baby fall asleep faster

My Baby just turned 1 month. He always hard to fall asleep. Keep yawning non stop. Any tricks?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A good tight swaddle and just sit down and pat baby. Patting can be firm and fast in the beginning, then can slow down once baby seems to be dozing of. And if u dont mind pacifier, can gv it to him too. This trick worked on my boy who had difficulty sleeping when he was around that age too.

i would usually do the shh shhhhhh sound softly for her to her and she'll go to sleep after awhile. also with tight swaddle and a pillow on her leg area to feel secured, nice room temp for her to sleep (25degreesC), firm patting if she wants, doesnt matter day or night.

VIP Member

I saw a video whereby they use soft and thin cloth or tissue and just gently stroke on the baby's face...up and down...this triggers baby to close their eyes and pretty soon fell asleep...dunno if it will work for you but hey does not hurt to try right?

Rocking, swaddling, turn on white noise, make the environment really dark. Pay attention to the sleepy cue, make sure baby have enough wake time before. For 1 month the wake window is 60-90 mins

maybe try the tissue technique, gentle brush the tissue from forehead down to chin.. ensure tissue touches the eyelid.. it may or may not work 😅

VIP Member

Maybe consider adding white noise to your baby's daily sleep time as a routine?

Try walking around with him , hush sounds and try rocking

Same! I will just latch her till she fell alsleep😝

Closed the light. Sleep in the darkness more faster.

VIP Member

Play lullabies and massage the baby gently