14 Replies

Super Mum

Egg whites have a much higher allergy risk than egg yolks. I wouldn’t give either at 6 months. Keep it plain first. Later on introduce egg yolk first before egg white, and only give in tiny amounts initially to check for allergies. Don’t end up having to bring baby to hospital. It’s heartbreaking.

Super Mum

Start with egg yolk first. I am 100% sure. Egg yolk will not trigger allergy but egg white will. That's what my PD told me. I gave my baby egg yolk when she was around 7.5months.

Eggs whites are one of the big allergy-triggering foods, so you should avoid introducing them to your baby until 12 months, though you can try egg yolks at around 9 months.

TapFluencer

I gave my baby egg white first at the age of 6 month old. Egg yolk only can be given after 1yo according to our elders at home. That's what my family kids follows too.

Recommend 7 months and above. 7months egg white first to see whether got rashes all that anot. See doc before

VIP Member

No it’s only after 6 months then introduce rice cereal and fruit purée. No egg white or yolk added yet.

VIP Member

Some babies are allergy to eggs. Be mindful if waht u give to them

Super Mum

I recommend this book by Annabel karmel on top 100 baby purees

Our PD said egg yolk first. If no allergy, add egg white then

Start with egg white first. If ok can proceed with egg yolk

Is to check for allergies right??

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles