16 Replies

VIP Member

My LO was 5 weeks old and a little similar to your LO. She used to drink 90-100ml of EBM or FM during my end of confinement period, then just out of sudden the last 2 days before my CL departure, her milk intake dropped to 60ml. And from then onwards, I feed her 60ml Every 2 hours. Sometimes also dragged to 3 hours. I tried making 90ml and LO still stops at 60ml, if I try to force feed a little more, she will gag and then Vomit the milk. Sometimes also drink 40-50ml.. and she had alot of spit up too. Haiz... That time I so worry. It only got better after 3 months old. Now LO is 5.5mths old. Now drink milk also see mood one. Normal time drink 100ml , no mood drink 50-60ml. If Good time, she Can drink up to 150ml 😂

So is OK for suddenly decrease in milk intake q and prolong frequency?

We will tap mildy on the bottle base during feed, rub her cheeks or inner thighs to wake our baby up if she fall asleep during feeds. The Dr at the polyclinic will inform us if our intake per feed is too much or too little. My little one is 1 month and 4 days old and we are giving her 100ml per feed every 4 to 5 hours. Dr says its fine so long she is peeing and her stools color is normal.

How long can d sarong be used for? Only up to when they can flip right?

All kids drink depend on their mood and activities during a day, newborn usually drink around the clock, they have no certain Intake amount, feed depend on their demand. No stress, I have suffering cluster feeding issues and my boy can drink up 5 bottles within 3 hours. You must be happy that’ they drink more and healthy.

TapFluencer

I still remember on my 1st 2 months I hardly sleep. He latch every 1.5hrs and because it's direct latch I don't even know how much he drink per feed. But very soon you will miss those tiring day, baby grow very fast, my boy now is 5months+ and I so miss the day he cry every hour for milk Jia you 💪

Super Mum

My LO was like that too. Sometimes you can try waking her up to feed more, but watch to see that she can tolerate the increased feeds without vomiting. She will get more alert and be able to drink more per feed soon, so hang in there k?:)

Thanks! I just can't wait for this phase to be over 😢

VIP Member

Babies are smart. If they are full, they will not drink more than what is required. For the first 3 mths, usually their feeds are every 2-3 hours. Once they are older, can start to stretch :)

VIP Member

Baby has very small tummy hence resulting in only drinking small amount each time. As long as ur baby is consuming 550-750mls a day and wet 7-8diapers each day, it’s ok :)

VIP Member

Yes. I thought I could strictly follow 3-hourly feeding but my girl would often get hungry after 1.5 hours or 2 hours so I just feed 3-hourly and on demand.

Super Mum

It is normal. As baby get bigger do more tummy time or baby exercise. Baby drinking volume will increase more

Hi, It is normal. With time the frequency decreases and the intake quantity increases

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles