Hi, my baby is 5mths 2wks now. Is it too early to start weaning or i should wait till he is 6 mths old?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Did your PD advise you anything ? I start at 4 months as my baby refuse to take milk as he is teething and he is ready for food as 4 months he already have teeths to chew his own food. But of course not big portion . Started with brown rice , cereal and puree first. And slowly introduce different food for him. And now he is 6 months and everything is good. PD do advise us to start food earlier according to his stage of growing . so we started earlier including porridge with meat or fish .

Read more

It is advisable to start at 6months old However i started at about 4 months old, more of for fun. If your baby is on the faster side, abke to sit unassisted, good neck support, you can slowly try to introduce. My son showed signs at 4 months old so i tried and had to stop again after a while. He is currently 7 months old and i just restarted again.

Read more

Just another 2 more weeks to 6 months and I would just wait till then and assess my child for good neck support, able to sit upright and shows signs of interest with food. Classical signs that the child is ready for weaning.

My Son can sit pretty well at 5 mth but I waited until 6 Mths to start weaning because he didn't show interest in food... he only started showing interest after he has tasted them

VIP Member

It would be better to start at 6months old once their guts and digestive system is fully matured.

thanks