As time passes, you're more likely to fall out of love with your partner. Is this true?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think sometimes it could just be a matter of moving on to a different type of love. Rather than passionate love (the initial stage of falling in love), you and your partner may have gotten comfortable with each other and just moved on to a more stable stage. It may seem as though you are “falling out of love” because the initial excitement of going on dates, trying to impress each other have faded. Things kind of become more routine and “boring” in comparison to when you first got together. For me, small stuff makes me realize how I’m still very much in love with the man. Things like how he is always the first person I would notice in a crowded room, like how seeing him inevitably brings a smile to my face.. very subtle but very telling. :) So, I think it’s not a matter that you are falling out of love with time, but becoming more comfortable to the point that it’s so natural, you didn’t notice you are “in love”.

Read more

Yes, if you let it happen, then it is possible to fall out of love. Personally, I believe that love is not a one-off deal, a couple has to work at it every day, you need to fight for it. I know it's not the most romantic thing to say, equating love with work but you can't just rest on your laurels when it comes to love. That first stage of falling in love may be characterised by that rush of butterflies, a desire to spend a lot of time together and an ecstatic bliss but as time goes by, people change, circumstances change and if two people in a relationship do not work on their love everyday, then they are more likely to "fall out of love". I spent five years in a LDR with my then-boyfriend and everyday felt like a battle but I never thought once to quit. And just because we're finally in the same country, grateful and in a comfortable place, we have never taken things for granted :)

Read more

Falling out of love involves a gradual loosening of pair-bonding energies focused on your partner, and. Sometimes a man wakes up to find that it is gone. He’s no longer in love. Here are eight of the most common reasons. Just as people sometimes fall in love, they sometimes fall out of love. It happens. Men and women have different reasons for falling out of love. Either spouse will be tempted to cheat if the marriage is disconnected, or has sunk. To fall out of love is to admit that something no longer serves you, or them, or the both of you together. Falling out of love is a curious kind of agony. Your marriage doesn’t have to be rocky to fall out of love with your spouse. Your marriage doesn’t have to be rocky to fall out of love with your spouse.

Read more

yes it is definitely possible that you fall out of love, and in most cases, this is just what happens. the couple either continues to live like this for the rest of their lives saying it is for the sake of the kids, or separates and moves on. however, when you notice the first signs of falling out of love or growing apart, that is when you should take those steps back towards each other. it is never too late to try and fall back in love with the one you really loved and wanted to be with for the rest of your life. you try some, ask your partner to try some, and trust me, love can reappear, unless something really wrong happened in the relationship.

Read more

A Relationship is how well you keep it, nurture it. If you want to you will..Falling out of love is a subjective term. In relationships I feel Falling ‘out of love’ doesn’t really happen… It just may not get expressed as much over the years. More so I think it gets replaced with adjectives such as comforting rapport..’used to each other’ etc. As time passes, the ‘Love is Blind’ turns out to be ‘ Love is visible’.. :D

Read more

Whether your love increases or decreases with time totally depends on you and your partner. We generally have a tendency to take things for granted. I think as time passes both need to make more efforts than before to sustain the romance. You can always do small little things that cheers your partner up. It can be as small as writing a small love note and placing at different parts of the house that your partner generally goes to :)

Read more

Speaking from my own experience, I think it takes both parties to keep the marriage alive. I noticed my ex husband straying but chose to focus on my newborn baby instead and that also played a part in our pending divorce. I say keep the communications open, be more attentive to not just each others' needs but also wants and always remember why you love him in the first place if he starts getting on your nerves.

Read more

It depends on how do you let the fire ignite in my humble opinion. I do feel that we have lesser time to spend together, lesser time to have "two people's world" however, its very important to maintain the "fire" and keep it burning betwn a couple.

From my experience, we choose to love and stay committed to our partners every single day. The kind of love may evolve and grow, but the very core of loving each other only stales if either allows it.

Somehow true but both couple should make efforts to keep the fire burning. Like dating, going on vacation, etc.