Anyone who has a completely different political view from their spouse/partner? How do you both deal with it?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Thankfully we share the same views but recently it came up that one of our ninangs had a totally opposite view! I guess the best way to go about it is to have respect as the base -- respect each other's opinion and words, strive to learn from each other (not to win), and to know that whatever the outcome of the debate, the relationship is more important.

Magbasa pa

In our family, this applies. My husband and I have totally opposite views and he gets pissed off every time. So now, I just avoid the conversation as I know it would trigger his mood again.

Nagkataon na pareho kami ng ideology sa pulitika na i-respect kung sino man ang naka upo.Kung sa kali namang magkaiba kami ng pananaw ay more likely magtatalo din kami in a healthier way.

I do. We just avoid talking about it seriously kasi may isang pikon talaga samin. LOL To avoid any further issues, respect na lang sa bawat opinion.

Nagkaainitan kami madalas dahil sa mgapolitical views at argument namin. Pero at the end of the day, hindi iyon nag le-lead sa away.

Sa bahay palaging may healthy debate but we always respect each other's decisions so keri naman

thanks

I do. But we never talk about it too seriously.