Staying with in laws

Anyone has their in laws staying with them permanently and how does it feels like for u during this circuit breaker period ? Especially with in laws at home while u WFH and with a few months old baby?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Im staying w them & it sucks totally. Bunch of selfish people . I can't even call my own parents just because my husband's brother recorded whatever I said and sent to his parents and the family group chat, and I cant even rant on my own spam account because my husband's sister screenshot and showed to their parents. His mother go on mentioning if my husband and i were to have new hse, it's theirs while their current old house is ours ( absurd af ) , his father go on mentioning that next year can get more money or add any income amount coz will have alot of ppl in the hse ( assuming as if my baby and i will help liddat. ) going crazy soon.

Read more
VIP Member

I stay with my pil. In the beginning of CB really quite stressful as need to handle my baby and meet the work timeline as well, especially my pil are too gan jiong about my daughter and they will keep reminding me to feed my daughter, keep an eye on my daughter that make me got the feeling that I am not fit as a mother 😣 However, I can handle this slightly better by changing my mindset, do appreciate them as they try their best to take care of my bb when I was busy.

Read more

If u have a helper at home whose role is mainly looking after ur baby but ur mil keep stepping in to do things her way. And when she's got a hit out of a few misses, she self praises non stop and fil oso got to praise her. Will u feel annoyed?

4y ago

I feel u. I dun care and ignored what they said and I try to breastfeed and lock in room. But WFH not easy. I am on maternity but als hate inlaw trying to take my baby away from me. Praising herself and fil praise her as she gave birth to 4 like v experience. Somemore last 1 is 12yrs back, really long ago. She als dun rmb how to take care baby and trying to act smart. I hate it. As ftm I need to learn but keep getting my way. Try ur best to endure. Hope u can put through.

I am staying at my in laws during this CB and thankfully while my husband is working shift, my MIL helps a bit with my baby while I get to shower, toilet break or pray. But its temporary while we wait for our house.

VIP Member

I stayed with my in laws for a decade :) gg to do my confinement at their place too. It's not too bad but of course cant be compared to your own house

VIP Member

I stay with my parents and I can't even tahan them lol

4y ago

Hahaha

🙈🙉🙊 And you will survive

TapFluencer

Hang in there!