In laws

Anyone staying with in laws? Do u ever feel that they are taking over your job to take care of your LO?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Only see my in law once a week. they totally take over when they see my toddler la. Now my MIL seem to think it's her duty to feed him. I just let her and inwardly cringe because her method of giving him food is totally not our method at all. And my FIL always having dry cough ... he still use his utensils and cut food for my toddler. Totally buay tahan. Inwardly cringing!! And my FIL is always doing things that make me mad like put my toddler in the car backseat alone (without car seat!). I see already almost want to scream at him. I'm afraid one day I will just grab my toddler and go home if he continues to act so irresponsibly! Oh ya and the best part is he still can defend his own actions. My MIL forever siding my FIL. They don't gain my trust in taking care of my toddler at all. Lucky only see them once a week (one afternoon only). If they ever endanger my toddler in such manner again, I will impose greater boundaries . It's very tough with In laws.... fortunately I don't stay with them! If I have a choice I rather meet them once a month!

Read more
7y ago

my case is like... whenever i bring my child out, then when we returned home, my LO cry or cranky, they will blame me for taking her out...

Not only in law la. Own parents also. Don't stay with them but they totally take over everything. I think it's a problem I see a lot with today's grandparents. They don't have many children so they seem to think that their grandchildren are like their own children. For me cos I'm pregnant now so I need my moms help so I let her take care of my No.1 more. But when I give birth and things settle, I hope to have more control of my own household. I'm a SAHM for now so I hope I can rely less on her and do more at home..

Read more
Super Mum

Yes! My mother in law will still indirectly say I never look after my baby when she is the one insisting that she wants to carry/feed her. My task is basically changing diapers and comfort her when she cries. Most of the time she will take her away from me. As time goes by, I am starting to think more positively. Maybe they just love your LO too much and don't want you to tire yourself out hence they keep taking over your job.

Read more

Yes, they took care of the elder one while i focus on the younger one. I bought blankets for my elder one becos she outgrew of her old ones, but she rejected and give back to me and said she have one for her. Its like hello she's my daughter, why cant she use the stuffs i bought for her? I regretted letting them take care of my child.

Read more

Yes and it got so annoying when they kept insisting on doing things their way. So thankful I've moved out. Word of advice from someone who has been there,absorb the good advices and drown out the negatives. At the end of the day, you are the mother of the child so you do whats right based on your instincts.

Read more

yes I live with my in laws, it isn't the perfect life but I'm lucky enough to have very gracious in laws that will gladly watch LO if I have to go out for leisure/work. They won't "snatch" her over or even tell us what to do, even if they do, they just want the best for her but they don't overstep.

Read more

Yes! Then they will unhappy if when they carry, baby cry . Baby is used to me coz im the mother , then when they carry and if the baby cry, they will be unhappy. They oso keep emphasise baby's surname etc , try to make it like im alone w diff surname and all. im outsider etc.

TapFluencer

nooo...not thinking of it..only my in law wanted to stay together...not a good choice.....

yes... that causes mi to end my marriage

Yes, especially the first one :)