Hi does you gals have problem and confict staying with in laws? Now having stayed together for 12 years I feel very depressed and just diagnosed with adjustment disorder issues staying with in laws.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is not uncommon to have issues staying together with in-laws or even with any other relatives. Different living habits and values will lead to friction and become potential conflict. It is never easy adjusting to living with another person (even being with your spouse, it will take a lot of compromising and adapting to find the best arrangement). That being said, it is not impossible to have an amicable relationship. Communication is key. Hope things will be better for you! Take care and confide in your loved ones whenever needed.

Read more

Not happy. My mother in law love to micromanage everything, from the house to my husband to my baby and me. She also have a sharp tongue which cuts you like a knife. Because of her, I am very reluctant to have anything to do with her, or let my child be near her. I used to leave my room door opened, and she will walk pass my room every 10-15 mins. Now, I keep door closed.

Read more

My mil is very superstitious till the extend that we quarrel over little things like cannot hang underwear in the kitchen for drying. End up almost all my bras got stolen as we hang it outside the corridor. But the quarrels gets toned down already after almost 2 years. Though I know sometimes we secretly dislike each other hahaha!!

Read more
8y ago

same here. I think both my mil and me mutually don't like each other.

In-laws are certainly hard.. Maybe u can speak with your husband to buy a place near by to provide relief from both side.

8y ago

Yes already going to buy a new house next year

Sex