If you staying with your in-laws, how do define improper attire? Does not wearing a bra considered as improper?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to stay with my in laws for 1.5 years and was used to going braless at home. So when I moved in, I would wear baggy shirts and hunch a little forward when walking past my father in law. In front of other women, I wouldnt bother. I didn't think my father in law noticed but once in front of family members he commented 'hey you dont wear a bra at home right!' and everyone laughed. I was a little mortified but well i would wear a baggy shirt and hunch forward all over again rather than wear a bra 24/7. Nothing beats having your own home and wearing whatever you want though!

Read more

Improper attire according to whose definition, your MIL or yours? Males walking around topless, in boxers, with only towels wrapped at the bottom after a bath, teenage boys running naked after a bath? Or females in translucent clothing, no bras, walk around in towels/ nightwear/ bath robes, dressed in oversized T-shirt and no shorts etc. Different people have level of tolerance and comfort levels. Check with the person directly to ease your mind.

Read more

Not too sure if this is an asian conservative mentality. But when I visit my more liberal friends. Their wife are times braless, sometimes one boob dangle outside of what they are wearing. My guy friends even worst.. can see the shape of their johnson when they wear boxers. lol!

Read more

Maybe you ask yourself how your future daughter in law should dress in front of or when she stays in your crib. I would say cover all except for face and hand. The idea is not to show your skin to the opposite sex whom will have feelings or arouse for you.

I think it's okay if you know how to conceal the fact that you are not wearing one. As long as the nipples are not showing, it's okay. If you're in the room, wear whatever you want but if you're in public domain, obviously a skimpy top and short shorts will not be a good idea.

i think it depends how open minded your in laws are. some are to the extreme that even wearing shorts seems not appropriate. some even u breast feed infront of them exposing your nipples, they also find it ok . i wear sleeping bra at home. comfy and nothing to show

My MIL walks out of her room wrapped in a towel, more than half of her fat and old body is exposed, my BIL comes home and starts stripping until he is left with a underwear and walks ard like he is alone. Me not wearing a bra underneath my clothes is not going to be a major issue.

6y ago

Either I'm home with my parents or at my in-laws, we all do the same when getting dressed or after taking a shower. i mean, it's no big deal.

Their house, their rules. Your house, your rules.. Let's not complicate things 🙂 if it's their house and they're not comfortable with it, then wear your bra sissy. 🙂

A shirt, sleeveless or even spaghetti straps plus shorts (not too skimpy) should be fine. I agree that it's all about respect. Improper attire would be if your private parts are showing or almost showing already.

Well, ever since I was younger up to now and even when I stayed with my in-laws I never really wear a bra because it's more comfortable not if I have to go out the house or go some place else though. :)