Similac Mum

Anyone drinking Similac Mum's milk and find that it's lumpy despite mixing with hot boiling water? I hate drinking powdered milk and the lumps just make it so much worse. Any tips? Update!! Thanks to everyone who suggested room temperature water ?? tried it and it works! Milk is smooth and easier to drink. Thanks again!!!

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I actually wrote in to them about the lump and their CS called me up to explain that we are suppose to add in room temperature water and stir it. The milk powder should dissolve and there will not be any lumps. Tried and no more lumps in my milk. Apparently is due to the nutrients inside the milk that we cant just add hot water directly.

Read more
Super Mum

I tried a few brands & Similac mum tasted the worst and most difficult to dilute 😅. Can you try other alternatives? My favorite are enfamama chocolate and nestle mum&me. But yeah generally maternal milk should be diluted in warm water.

4y ago

I dont want to throw away so wasted.. but I tried today with room temp water as suggested by a few and it works! :):)

Yes i took that milk previously and encountered it too! I just used my stirring spoon to repeatedly mash up the lumps and stir. Dont know why the formula is like that..

4y ago

Hmm..I mixed it for quite some time and even sieve it out but somehow it's still not smooth 😔

VIP Member

Yup, it is lumpy when used with hot water. It is not with just lukewarm or room temp water. And it is not only Similac, it’s also the same for other brands.

TapFluencer

I drink the strawberry yogurt favour and it’s not lumpy, use room temperature water will do.

4y ago

I have the strawberry yoghurt too! I will try with room temperature water. Thanks! :)

VIP Member

Dont mix with hot boiling water. You should do it with slightly warm boiled water.

VIP Member

Same. I quit drinking it thou... I can’t cause it makes me wants to puke 🤢

4y ago

Yes!!! The milk curds make me feel like puking too!!!

Similac mum is like that. Try enfamum, better taste. Better texture!

TapFluencer

i dont really like similac because of this reason - tends to be lumpy

4y ago

A few ppl recommended room temperature water and I tried. Works well and milk is smoother and nicer. I find that hot milk tastes horrible anyway. So room temperature water works for me :)

TapFluencer

Yah I found enfamil nicer