Should 3 months old drink water?

Is it advisable to give my close to 3 months old baby water? My family members have been telling me to give my baby water but she isn’t having constipation. Should I?

43 Replies
Write a reply

nope...milk is sufficient

Super Mum

No. Breast milk or formula is sufficient to keep baby hydrated if that's what the family is concerned about. Giving water below 6mo will cause water intoxication and interfere with nutrients absorption from bm/fm

Read more

no way

i believe not advisable as baby's kidney is still developing and immature to filter plain water and can cause water intoxication.

VIP Member

No

Hmmm now a day they say no. Not like last time my generation parents family members were. But for now no. I only use warm water to clean my child tongue. My husband side always ask me to give water too. But I ignore only 🙄

Read more
VIP Member

Why do they insist doing this? Babies under 6 mos should not be given water. You might not see the adverse effects immediately, but why would you risk your baby’s well-being just because people (especially old ones) insist, with reasoning that they did it in the past with you and you turned out well... Please educate them with medical articles online and doctor’s recommendation.

Read more

What's the reason they wanna feed the baby water? I had the same issue, my mom kept insisting wanna feed my newborn baby water and her reason was worried baby doesnt like to drink when hes bigger. That's bs! I am the mother, I know what's best for the baby, I just ignored her and make sure she doesnt go close to the baby in case she sneaks some water in.

Read more
VIP Member

Nope

My PD recommended my 1.5mo to have max. 30ml of water per day. I feed him about 10ml a day typically