my 1yo started to hit/kick me. there was once he used a box of biscuit he was carrying while i was baby wearing him to hit my head delibrately. txs! thanks everyone for your replies:) i usually say no and tell him it's painful. hmm will continue trying heee

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby is exploring and trying out their limits. You have to discipline now as he can understand already. Give him a firm No don't do this because it hurts and it is wrong. Make sure your tone is very stern. If you don't reprimand him he will think it is ok behaviour and do it again. Sometimes we as parents think some of their behaviour is funny so we don't discipline them but we actually indirectly teach them it is ok to continue with the behaviour

Read more
VIP Member

Firmly say NO. For me, i will accompany the NO with my stern look. without raising my voice on my LO. So the next time when he tries to hit me or someone else. I will give him a stern look so he would know that mummy meant no. 1yo toddlers are at a age of understanding and expressing their frustrations. So it's time for them start understanding the word NO

Read more

I will say firmly "mummy doesn't like it, and stop it". Depending on your discipline method. For me, I carried my child to a room and talked to my Child. Help the child know that it is painful and cannot do that. 1 yo shld be able to understand simple words. Be consistent in your discipline methods so the child knows what you mean.

Read more
8y ago

txs mummy:))

Although your child is only 1, it is important to let them know it hurts when they hit/kick you. explain to them it is wrong and they should not do it again. It's never too early to start teaching them.

Immediately intervene and tell you child it is not correct. Affirm the behaviors you want to see and correct him immediately. In that way the child will know and learn as time passes.

I think it is time to discipline your child. U need to be firm and let him know that it is unacceptable .