Do your teenage daughters talk about the changes in their bodies with you mommies?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My girl and my son has both talked about their bodies. I made it a point to always teach and explain to them for my boy I describe all body parts. And he always laughs when I say penis, I'll usually ignore him. I have friends who their girls don't share. And now they find it hard trying to explain about the body changes. It's never too late, would be good if we can open the topic first.

Read more

My daughter is 12 and yes, she does talk about the changes that she is experiencing in her body. She was confused when she felt a little swelling in her chest and she came to me little disturbed. I think, girls find it comforting when mothers are there with them to sail them through this time. I feel blessed that my daughter feels that comfort with me as to share what goes with her.

Read more

I have a daughter who is very young to have any issues as such now but I have a niece who is very close to me and she shared with me when she first got her period. She must have shared with her mother too but she has a very special bonding with me and she shares everything with me including all the teenage issues that comes her way.

Read more

I don't have a teenage daughter yet. But based on my personal experience, I was quite shy to ask my mom about the changes in my body. For some reason, I was more open to my auntie, who is the sister of my mom. It's very important for teenagers to have someone to talk to in the family regarding the changes they experience.

Read more

No teenager daughter din pero it's a must na may makakausap ang mga dalaga natin sa family. If they don't open up, dapat ang mother ang magreach out sa anak na dalaga kasi baka nahihiya or hindi comfortable na pag-usapan.

I'm preparing for it as early as now, my daughter is just 2. So that when she turns like 11, she'll tell me everything including her crushes. We're having more bonding time.

I think when the right time comes, my daughter will open these things up with me. Kase now pa lang I'm imposing to her na I'm her bestfriend and super close kami.