Do you and your partner share your incomes?

68 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No we dun. My Husband will give me monthly allowance and I will pay needed bills & get groceries & necessities. We know how much we r drawing but he never ask about my $ and I never ask about his. We can consider financial independent ba. If we need to get something for the house, will use the allowance he gave me. If not enuff, we will split cost or either he/I pay. We will discuss before buying. In such way we can minimise the chances of quarrelling over money n also we clearly know we have our own privacy up to certain extent

Read more
7y ago

My friend's husband does that kind of financial setup too. So my friend saved all the money that her husband gave her and started a business from it. Now, she's generating her own revenue.

VIP Member

We do share expenditure responsibilities but it’s mostly on him to take care of our household expenditure. I save money so if we want to invest on something in the future like a house or car etc I pitch in. Otherwise on a regular I take care of small household expenditure and he takes care of most of the bills. I would say it’s a pretty equal share overall.

Read more
VIP Member

We both earn but hubby handles almost all of our expenses. He wants me to keep my own money. But I do share sometimes, esp when we travel and during special occasions. Now that I'm on bedrest he gives me weekly allowance too.😊 He doesn't want me to be stressed with upcoming expenses. And if he's planning to buy something he always asks my permission.😊

Read more

My husband gives his salary every payday less his allowance. And i am the one managing our joint account. He trusts me with budgeting. It is very difficult since I got used to budgeting for my own but now that will be having a baby i will be budgeting for 3. He doesnt want to handle our savings because he told me I am good with this.

Read more

Not sure if this is normal but we didn't share income since we start dating. We have a family account that both of us will put money into it monthly but most of the time he will provide for things that me and the baby needs. As I have a full time job, I'll often surprise him with gifts and nice dinner since he has provided so much for us.

Read more

We plan to start a joint account in the future but for now, it's still pretty much our own separate incomes and accounts. We have divided the number of bills we have and we contribute equally. I have my own income and even though he has offered, I don't feel comfortable taking money from him, for now.

Read more

In our case, resigned ako so sya lang ang may income. Bibigay nya sakin lahat ng sahod nya and we do the budgeting together. We have our financial statement para alam namin qng hanggang saan lang dpat limit ng gastos nmin a month at effective sya to have a big savings.

No. Pera niya, pera niya. Pera ko, pera ko. I don't even know how much is his salary. Pregnant ako ngayon, but I usually pay for my check ups and vitamins na nirereseta sakin ng ob. Basta usapan namin, sa delivery ni baby tutulong siya. Pag-iipunan niya.

Read more
VIP Member

No we don't. He focuses on saving (im very bad in saving) he pays for household groceries and part of the insurances. i will pay for my own and kids hosp insurance. Daily necessities for kids. Clothes and things they would need and all

Read more

Yes we do. We try to budget the combined income and give each other corresponding allowance. We make use of the envelope method wherein we identify expenses and place it on the designated pocket in the envelope. It works for us.